1313 Smithfield Avenue
Lubbock, TX 79410
Job Objective Qualified BSA Officer seeking to fill position with established top-rate organization looking for applicants with extensive training and experience.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Possess previous BSA related experience
- In-depth knowledge of banking regulations, compliance issues and operations
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of BSA, money laundering and OFAC
- Good understanding of Bank Secrecy Act Regulations (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets
- Ability to prioritize and function accurately under the pressure of deadlines
- Ability to apply knowledge in assessing transaction activity
- Skilled in conducting Office of Foreign Asset Control searches
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
BSA Officer, August 2005 – Present
Square 1 Bank, Lubbock, TX
- Developed, implemented and administered all aspects of the Bank’s BSA Program.
- Assisted independent state and federal regulator auditor inquiries.
- Reviewed and compiled BSA related policies and procedures, drafted annual reports to the Board of Directors to communicate necessary BSA compliance information.
- Maintained a proficient knowledge of all applicable banking rules and regulations.
- Managed and executed all duties as the Bank Secrecy Act/OFAC Officer.
- Identified and mitigated potential BSA Program compliance risks to the Bank.
- Interacted with Bank personnel as necessary pertaining to any such issues.
BSA Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
Management Recruiters International, Inc., Lubbock, TX
- Managed compliance with BSA, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and all other applicable laws.
- Reviewed the development of new banking products to ensure compliance.
- Conducted investigations of suspicious activity, detected documentation anomalies.
- Ensured that implication related to BSA compliance issues are identified.
- Performed suspicious activity investigations and anti-money laundering enhanced due diligence.
- Identified and timely reported unusual and suspicious activity to the Compliance Officer.
- Assisted Compliance Officer with yearly BSA Branch Training.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Millsaps College, Jackson, MS