4734 Rinehart Road
Miami, FL 33179
Job Objective Accomplished Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse with a broad background seeking a position with hospital that is established.
Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Miami, FL
- Provided clinical expertise of ostomy in treating wounds.
- Evaluated patient outcomes on a continuous basis.
- Identified escalating symptoms and changed treatment plan accordingly.
- Managed to assume leadership role to define and achieve optimal clinical outcomes.
- Ensured to collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to develop, implement, evaluate appropriate treatment plan.
Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Saint Agnes Hospital, Miami, FL
- Administered patients with ailments such as altered patterns of bowel, urinary elimination, fistulas, draining wounds, and altered skin integrity.
- Collaborated with the Distribution Department to maintain adequate inventories.
- Monitored staffs documentation of any wound, ostomy, and continence patients.
- Recommended changes to the wound ostomy continence practice.
- Performed to improve the standard of care.
- Adhered to policy and procedures and clinical guidelines and protocols.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in treating patients with chronic wounds
- Thorough knowledge of treatment plans of ostomy patients
- Exceptional knowledge of skin care issues occurring in ostomy
- Ability to provide comfort and sympathy
- Ability to put up a pleasant appearance
- Excellent patience, supportive and educative skills
- Superior caring and understanding skills
Bachelor of Science in Allied Health Science, Lane College, Jackson, TN
3235 S Downing St
Wolcott, CT 06705
Objective Seeking a responsible position as a Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse in a well reputed hospital or clinic where my experience and knowledge are fully employed.
- In-depth knowledge of principles of infection control.
- Excellent ability to clinically assess wounds in clinical settings in order to identify infections.
- Extensive experience in caring for patients with intestinal and urinary stomas, urinary and fecal incontinence, dermal ulcers, and cutaneous fistula .
- Sound knowledge of trauma wound management.
- Comprehensive knowledge in anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, chemistry, biology, principles of nursing, and wound, ostomy, and continence care.
Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse, 2004 to till date
UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Provided care and treated patients suffering from acute and chronic conditions.
- Cared for patients with pressure ulcers, arterial disease, wounds, abdominal stomas, fistulas, drains, and urinary and fecal incontinence.
- Developed treatment plan according to current wound care protocols.
- Responsible for all preventive skin care, dressing changes and wound care.
- Provided optimum care and educated patients/family with urinary and fecal diversions, pressure ulcers, fistulas, wounds, drains and incontinence.
Certificate Program Wound, Ostomy, & Continence (WOC) Nursing, 2004
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
B.S in Nursing, 2003
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD