1715 Ward Road
New York, NY 10001
Job Objective Seeking a Wound Care Nurse position that helps utilize my professional experiences for the good of the hospital.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Certified Wound care Nurse with remarkable experience in wound care management and treatment
- Thorough knowledge of wound care case management and discharge planning
- In-depth knowledge of current standards of practice in wound care
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – MS Access, Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superb organizational and documentation skills
- Strong team building and mentoring skills
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to excellence in wound care
- Ability to provide direct treatment of wounds
- Amazing ability to document and track all wounds in facility
Wound Care Nurse, August 2005 – Present
National Healing Corporation, New York, NY
- Provided direct patient care and managed care for draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers and skin breakdowns.
- Monitored results of care and reported performance rate for quality management.
- Assessed and documented information for insurers for continued authorization of care.
- Ensured documentation supports level of care, MDS & RUG.
- Completed required forms and documented in accordance with company policy and state and federal regulations.
- Ensured appropriate rate negotiations from point of admission & during stay.
Wound Care Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Promise Healthcare, New York, NY
- Adhered to established medical and nursing practice standards and hospital policies and procedures.
- Participated in the hospital multidisciplinary wound care committee.
- Consulted and educated in-patients and their family regarding wound care management.
- Educated bedside nurses in using advanced wound care therapies.
- Delegated wound care activities to staff.
- Collaborated with the clinical nurse manager and ensured intensive care across inpatient and outpatient service lines.
B.S in Allied Health Science, Chadron State College, Chadron, NE
580 Wise Burns Rd
Belle Chasse, LA 70037
Objective To secure a position as a Wound Care Nurse that will enable me to use my strong nursing skills, educational background and ability to work well with people.
- Solid knowledge of nursing principles, procedures, and standards of practice as determined by state and federal regulations.
- Proficient at providing preventative care and treatment for patients with different types of wounds.
- Wide knowledge of principles of infection control.
- Sound knowledge of comprehensive wound management including wound assessment, recommendation of appropriate wound dressing.
- Excellent supervised experience as ET in acute and home care setting.
Wound Care Nurse, 2004 to till date
UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Monitored and completed in-service as needed on dressing changes, new wound care equipment and changed in orders for each resident.
- Evaluated patients skin to prevent pressure ulcers applied medicated salves and provided other treatments to existing wounds.
- Educated patients about proper care of surgical incisions and stomas.
- Assessed and cared patients with skin integrity issues, wounds and simple ostomies.
- Established monitoring systems to ensure quality patient care.
WOCN certification, 2004
University of Colorado–Denver, CO
B.S in Nursing, 2003
Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis, IN