4653 Southern Street
New York, NY10011
Job Objective To allow the usage of years of skills that I bring as a Surgical Nurse and to help increase the positive track record of the hospital.
Surgical Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Rush University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Prepared the patients for the surgery with related reports and documents.
- Performed effectively within the sterile space of the operation theatre unit.
- Helped the surgeon during surgical procedures with instruments.
- Monitored patients during pre-surgical, operative and recovery period.
- Managed to perform suturing at the close of the operation.
- Adhered to established guidelines to be followed in a surgical unit.
Surgical Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Lake City Medical Center, New York, NY
- Communicated with the members of health care team for patients’ care.
- Administered pre and post operation care of the patient.
- Assisted the surgeons and other doctors in the operations they are performing.
- Provided necessary appliances to the doctors in the surgical unit.
- Adhered to established policy whilst communicating with patients and their families.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of the use of surgical instruments and equipments
- Exceptional knowledge of operation theatres and the IC units
- Ability to control emotion and calm patients and family
- Ability to counter stressful situations and remain calm
- Excellent caring, supportive and watchfulness skills
- Strong listening, interpersonal and communication skills
B.S in Health Sciences – Advanced Patient Care, Marine Corps University, Quantico, VA