4286 Stratford Drive
Job Objective To secure a Private School Nurse position to help contribute to the growth of the medical center and help increase its potential.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of school environment and clinical procedures
- Exceptional knowledge of the health care needs
- Ability to perform physical activity
- Ability to provide comfort and sympathy
- Strong Problem Solving and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills (English and Spanish)
Private School Nurse, August 2005 – Present
New York Military Academy, Kona, HI
- Maintained professional conduct, appearance and composure.
- Assessed and treated injuries and illness and referred to physician as necessary.
- Maintained firm control of the Infirmary by restricting access.
- Monitored the supply of medications, refilled and secured stores as necessary.
- Documented all problems, issues and incidents in appropriate formats.
- Ensured to protect the confidentiality of the cadet’s records.
Private School Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
UMass Medical School, Kona, HI
- Performed drug testing, following the established guidelines.
- Provided medical forms to all the cadets and updated immunizations.
- Communicated with parents concerning their child’s health needs.
- Managed to represent the Head Nurse in her absence.
- Coordinated with the maintenance department for need of supplies and facilities.
- Ensured that all the cadets and staff follow the Cadet Manual, Commandants Handbook and Personnel Handbook.
Associate Degree in Nursing, Scott Community College, Bettendorf, IA