72 Fulton Street
Rupert, WV 25984
Job Objective To further improve my skills as a Prison Nurse in a hospital that challenges and that sets high goals.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in human behavior and nursing practices
- Thorough knowledge of the psychological behavior of patients undergoing sentences
- Exceptional knowledge of safety principles and infection control
- Ability to assess patients’ needs
- Ability to document patient assessments and nursing intervention
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior skills to handle physical, mental and emotional issues
Prison Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Bureau of Prisons/Federal Prison System, Rupert, WV
- Provided direct patient care services in accordance with legal and ethical standards.
- Administered nursing care to inmates in the institution, hospital and clinic.
- Developed a nursing assessment for each patient.
- Assessed and identified high risk symptoms and behaviors in patients.
- Completed nutritional screening as part of the assessment.
- Monitored evaluated and revised the plan of care as needed.
Prison Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
CA Prison Health Care, Rupert, WV
- Provided direct and indirect nursing care to inmates.
- Collaborated with physicians and other health care providers.
- Managed to take independent action ensuring professional and legal limits.
- Supervised the conduct of inmates to protect and maintain safety.
- Assisted the physicians with medical and minor surgical procedures.
- Ensured administration of medication, therapeutic agents, treatments, disease prevention, and restorative measures as ordered by a physician.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Becker College, Worcester, MA