712 Upland Avenue
Maumee, OH 43537
Objective Seeking employment as a Pillivative Nurse with a solid practice in order to help boost them with my own experiences and expertise.
- Vast working experience with oncology, hospice, geriatrics, intensive care and palliative medicines
- Exceptional knowledge of the interdisciplinary team concept
- Ability to conceptualize and implements new ideas and systems
- Ability and willingness to work with the growth and development needs
- Effective analytical and organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Pillivative Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Absolutely Health Care, Maumee, OH
- Provided consultation in palliative care.
- Performed symptom management and supportive care.
- Assisted with diagnosis, treatment and management of chronic health conditions.
- Coordinated with palliative care physician as needed.
- Informed the primary physician of necessary and recommended services.
- Educated facility staff, co-workers and the community regarding palliative care.
Pillivative Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Regions Hospital, Maumee, OH
- Maintained communication with the referring physician, the acute care team and other involved.
- Assisted the physician and surgeon with the treatment plan.
- Contributed to the patient’s plan of care and treatment.
- Prepared and maintained accurate patient records, charts and documents.
- Collaborated with physicians and other medical staff to provide Palliative Care.
- Performed physical and psychological health assessments.
B.A in Health Care Studies, Saint Vincent College, Latrobe, PA
340 Imperial St
Newbury Park, CA 91320
Objective Seeking a responsible role as a Palliative Nurse where my skills and knowledge can be enhanced and utilized effectively.
- Substantial communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Profound ability to understand the difference between acute and chronic types of pain.
- Extended ability to educate patients about the management of their pain.
- Excellent ability to provide counsel, empathy, and friendship when they need it the most.
Pillivative Nurse, 2004 to till date
Good Samaritan Hospital, Baltmore, MD
- Treated and counseled patients who were dying of incurable illnesses.
- Educated healthcare providers and family about the hospice and palliative care philosophy.
- Managed complex symptoms along with grief and bereavement.
- Integrated the psychological and spiritual aspects of patient care.
- Ensured client’s dignity and self-respect were maintained at all times.
Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing Certification, 2004
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
B.S in Nursing, 2003
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL