621 Agriculture Lane
Hialeah, FL 33012
Objective To obtain an OR Nurse with a hospital that challenges me and allows for career development.
Summary of Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of instruments and equipment used in the OR
- Familiarity with Operating Room procedures
- Outstanding knowledge of applying evidence based practices
- Ability to stay alert every moment
- Ability to take correct decisions
- Excellent commitment and promptness
- Strong compassion, patience and effective communication skills
OR Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Kindred Healthcare, Inc., Hialeah, FL
- Maintained the standards of nursing care through AORN & ASPAN standards.
- Assessed patient’s condition and needs; established and performed towards goals.
- Implemented the policies and procedures of the Operating Room Department.
- Reported pertinent observations and reactions.
- Participated in economical utilization of supplies of the OR.
- Ensured that all the equipment of OR is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
OR Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
The Methodist Hospital System, Hialeah, FL
- Administered medications and performed treatments to assigned patients.
- Maintained current CPR standards adhering to established guidelines.
- Developed skills that are necessary for treating pre-operative patients.
- Participated actively in committees for improvement of nursing care.
- Managed to maintain appropriate surgical services data in log book and computer.
- Adhered to the principles of correct patient body alignment, patient transfer, use of equipment, and safe administration of medications.
B.S in Allied Health Science, Centre College, Danville, KY