3584 Heavens Way
Venice, FL 34285
Career Objective In search of a position as an Obstetrics Nurse with an established medical practice looking for quality minded employees.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Outstanding knowledge of acute care and nursing process
- Outstanding nursing and assessment skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs
- Ability to work at off-site facility and client site
Obstetrics Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Liberty Hospital, Venice, FL
- Obtained and analyzed multi-system data to identify basic and complex health care needs.
- Developed and documented individualized, comprehensive and outcome oriented plan of care.
- Evaluated patient response to care and the effectiveness of nursing care over the period of time.
- Monitored the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Analyzed, interpreted, and incorporated information from other health care members.
- Communicated pertinent information about patient, nursing unit, and activities.
Obstetrics Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Good Samaritan Hospital, Venice, FL
- Assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated patient care.
- Collected analyzed and interpreted data and information from health care members and documented actual and potential nursing diagnoses.
- Performed admitting assessments, reviewed history and developed plan of care.
- Monitored progress of laboring mothers, interpreted fetal heart monitor.
- Planned for expected outcomes of care for patients assigned.
- Assessed signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Canada College, Redwood City, CA
130 Hampshire St
Lincoln, AR 72744
Objective Obtain a position as an Obstetrics Nurse at esteemed organization where I can perform my duties with total sincerity, honesty, integrity and selflessness.
- Proficiency in treating and preventing conditions that affect the female anatomy.
- Expert in helping doctors care for pregnant women and deliver babies.
- Immense ability to determine a patient’s progress and the status of the fetus.
- Sound knowledge of surgical preparation and delivery procedures.
- Excellent experience in the care of pregnant women and newborn infants.
Obstetrics Nurse, 2004 to till date
Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
- Assisted in childbirth and maintained a clean environment in the delivery room.
- Prepared delivery rooms, patients and sterilized instruments, cared for babies immediately after birth.
- Communicated with fellow caregivers and explained afterbirth care to new parents.
- Provided pain medication and performed initial evaluations on newborns.
- Explained discharge teaching for all patients.
Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA), 2004
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
B.S in Nursing, 2003
University of Wisconsin–Madison, WI