3213 Sun Valley Road
Spokane, WA 99201
Job Objective To work in close proximity with a secure medical practice and to use my past skills and experience as a Neurology Nurse to help the practice grow and move forward.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Strong Neurology Nurse experience
- Thorough knowledge Acute care and neurology
- Effective preceptor and charge skills
- Superior interpersonal, critical thinking and delegation skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to work independently
Neurology Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Tenet Health Care, Spokane, WA
- Provided neurology nursing care to patients suffering from nervous disorders.
- Assisted neurologists in diagnosing patients with brain and nervous system illnesses.
- Administered therapeutic interventions to neurology patients.
- Implemented neurology nurse programs to provide quality patient care.
- Helped patients in brain scans and other diagnosis procedures.
- Monitored and evaluated neurology patients’ health.
Neurology Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
St. David’s Healthcare, Spokane, WA
- Developed treatment plan for patients diagnosed with nervous system disorder and other related diseases.
- Interpreted results of blood tests, X-rays of spine and brain, CAT scan, MRI and various other tests.
- Consulted with specialist for further diagnosis of patients.
- Evaluated, planned, and administered nursing care to patients.
- Provided prescribed medication and treatment, helped physicians during exams and treatment, and monitored and recorded patient condition.
- Monitored LPNs, CNAs, and other staff in providing patient care.
Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management, Mayville State University, Mayville, ND
325 S Pine St
Marshalltown, IA 50158
Objective Seeking to expand my experience as a Neurology Nurse and to enhance my skills & competencies and to serve people.
- Comprehensive knowledge with disorders of the nervous system.
- Excellent experience in nervous system, including the central, peripheral and autonomic nervous systems.
- Wide knowledge about medical problems like epilepsy, strokes, sleeps disorders, headaches and tumors of various kinds.
- Sound knowledge of how the brain and spinal cord function in order to be a knowledgeable resource for patients.
- Extended ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, clinical and administrative departments.
Neurology Nurse, 2004 to till date
Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- Ensured proper illness and injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Explained physical exam procedures such as brain scans, evaluated patient health and tracking vital signs.
- Diagnosed nervous system disorders and diseases by through a variety of tests.
- Assisted neurologists in diagnosing patients with nervous system illnesses.
- Provided in-service clinical support for patients in receipt of vagus nerve stimulation therapy and reviewed patients in key centers to identify potential refractory patients for VNS.
Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN), 2004
University of Colorado–Denver, CO
B.S in Nursing, 2003
Emory University, Atlanta, GA