3146 McVaney Road
Hickory, NC 28601
Job Objective To seek employment as a Mental Health Nurse in a hospital that allows me to work to the best of my ability.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Strong accomplished experience in community mental health nursing
- Exceptional knowledge of the current mental health and other relevant legislation
- Solid understanding of the National Standards for Mental Health Services
- Superior nursing and assessment skills
- Ability to participate in clinical research, quality improvement activities and receive clinical supervision
- Ability to liaise and consult with agencies and families
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
Mental Health Nurse, August 2005 – Present
ACT Health, Hickory, NC
- Communicated with patients about their problems and discussed the best way to plan and deliver their care.
- Ensured correct administration of medication, including injections, and monitored results of treatment.
- Implemented ‘de-escalation’ techniques to help people manage their emotions and behavior.
- Participated in group and one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals.
- Helped in developing patients’ social skills.
Mental Health Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
MaineGeneral Health, Hickory, NC
- Provided treatment, therapy, clinical support, continuing care, residential support and rehabilitation services.
- Conducted comprehensive and specific mental health assessments.
- Reported and evaluated interventions and health care services.
- Administered, supervised and monitored medications prescribed and initiates appropriate interventions.
- Maintained records of treatment and progress.
- Assessed and managed client’s case with acute and long term moderate to severe mental illness.
- Assisted in the provision of liaison, consultation and education with other agencies.
Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management, Saint Vincent College, Latrobe, PA