3004 Melville Street
Jackson, TN 38301
Objective To obtain a position as a LPN School Nurse with a hospital that wants to improve their overall track record.
- Sound knowledge of principles and practices of Nurse Practice Act and school based health care, equipment and supplies
- Deep knowledge of Medical treatment standards and terminology
- Ability to provide technical leadership in school site based health care
- Ability to operate health care equipment
- Ability to make health care and social needs referrals into the community
- Excellent communication and computer skills
LPN School Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Akin Community Consolidated School , Jackson, TN
- Administered medicines in accordance with Law and policy.
- Coordinated with Medical Case Worker for children for medical, dental, vision and mental health needs.
- Maintained logs and appointment schedules.
- Collaborated with health care and social service providers for students and families.
- Provided education to students and parents on wellness, illness and injury.
- Maintained Health Office supplies, equipment and medical records.
LPN School Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
NCH Naples Downtown Hospital Campus, Jackson, TN
- Developed policies, procedures and work standards for school health program.
- Monitored compliance of school health program with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Managed program allotment efficiently.
- Provided first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintained security of school health supplies.
- Educated students in health education according to the state curriculum (K-12).
- Conducted health appraisals for students and staff.
Associate of Science in Nursing, Oregon Coast Community College, Newport, OR