2760 Traction Street
Objective To obtain a position as a Jail Nurse where my past record speaks for itself and to bring my assets to the hospital.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Strong nursing experience
- Strong medical assessment skills
- Abilityto access medical and other office files
- Abilityto lift patient in emergency situations
- Ability to enter and access information using a computer
- Good organizational and communication skills
Jail Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Ada County Sheriff’s Office, Greenville, SC
- Recorded physicians’ orders into computer, filled prescriptions, and dispensed to medical boxes.
- Documented and evaluated medical background and condition of new inmates including physicals, administration of TB skin tests, and other testing.
- Determined the need for the attention of a physician; prioritized and scheduled visits with the physician.
- Assisted physicians and other medical professionals engaged in providing health care services to inmates.
- Prioritized tests and appointments with other health agencies including dentist, x-ray, laboratories and others.
- Examined inmates reporting for sick call, gathered medical information from the inmate, and reported vital signs.
Jail Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Prince William County Government, Greenville, SC
- Developed special treatment plans for inmates with various health conditions.
- Responded to patients for medical emergencies and determined appropriate follow-up.
- Obtained blood and other specimens and packaging and transportation of specimens.
- Coordinated referrals to mental health staff for crises and chronic care.
- Dispensed over-the-counter medicines, creams and lotions.
- Assisted in the maintenance of inmate health records.
- Coordinated with food service staff in dealing with special dietary issues.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Fielding Graduate University, Santa Barbara, CA