2547 Carolina Avenue
Job Objective Home Infusion Nurse position that utilizes my prior skills and enables me to make a positive contribution to the hospital.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Extensive nursing experience in home infusion
- Thorough knowledge of venous access device management, infection control, and safe practice of infusion nursing
- Solid understanding of ethical, legal, confidentiality and advocacy principles
- Good computer knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Abilityto conduct community assessments and health counseling
Home Infusion Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Apria Healthcare -, Mcallen, TX
- Planned and implemented patient care.
- Implemented nursing care adhering to physician orders.
- Collaborated with pharmacy staff to develop and monitor goals of patient therapy.
- Communicated with physician and other members of health care team regarding changes in patient status and discussed recommendations.
- Coordinated patient admission to meet patient home infusion care needs.
- Identified learning needs of patient and care giver.
Home Infusion Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
OptionCare Inc., Mcallen, TX
- Provided appropriate intervention and instruction for patient and care giver to safely administer care at home.
- Ensured patient competence and compliance with all self-care, including procedures and infection control.
- Educated patients and families and documented the need for re-education.
- Maintained client files adhering to policies and standards set by regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Participated in on call activities.
- Responded to customer inquiries and resolved patient complaints.
B.S in Nursing and Medical Care, Bennington College, Bennington, VT