2400 White Avenue
Career Objective Looking for work as a Geriatric Nurse in a practice that allows me to use my expertise while also continuing to grow and advance in my experiences.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Outstanding experience in Geriatric Program development
- Strong knowledge of the appropriate treatment referrals and consultation coordination
- Excellent assessment skills
- Ability to manage acute and chronic illness states
- Abilityto incorporate health maintenance and disease management
- Abilityto evaluate treatment plans for individual patients
Geriatric Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Aurora Health Care, Portland, TX
- Performed lesion destruction and removal, suturing and care of wounds.
- Managed patient assessment, interpretation, diagnosis, and prescribing of appropriate medical and nursing therapeutic measures.
- Examined patient, performed comprehensive physical examinations, and compiled patient medical data.
- Administered diagnostic test, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, laboratory tests, and interpreted test results for deviation from normal.
- Developed and implemented management plans and monitored progress.
- Coordinated in physical therapy, inhalation therapy, and related therapeutic procedures.
B.S in Allied Health Science, Mayville State University, Mayville, ND
15 Bradley St
New Canton, VA 23123
Objective In quest of challenging and responsible position as a Geriatric Nurse in a clinic or hospital to enhance my knowledge and skills.
- Specialized in the care of elderly people.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Strong ability to cope with the death of patients as well as the decline of a patient’s mental and physical health.
- Excellent working experience with respiratory disorders, diabetes, arteriosclerosis and hypertension.
- Extensive experience in performing patient medical tests in-home and in a medical office.
Geriatric Nurse, 2004 to till date
Ohio State University Hospital, Columbus, OH
- Counseled the patient and family about the patient’s condition and care.
- Assessed, managed and administered care to meet the specialized needs of older adults.
- Developed and implemented treatment plans for seniors.
- Educated and supported the families of elderly patients.
- Diagnosed and handled acute and chronic diseases.
Geriatric Nursing Certification, 2004
University of California, San Francisco, CA
B.S in Nursing, 2003
University of Washington, Seattle, WA