1853 Mandan Road
Saint Louis, MO63102
Job Objective Seeking long-term position as a Diabetes Nurse in which my professional experiences and special qualifications will help to the doctor’s office and myself to grow.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Huge knowledge of nursing process and theories and principles of diabetes education
- Solid understanding of diabetic hospital policies, procedures, and protocols
- Abilityto work as an effective team member
- Ability to provide population-based care to patients and families through education, training, and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superb time management and problem solving skills
Diabetes Nurse, August 2005 – Present
MaineGeneral Health, Saint Louis, MO
- Helped in development and teaching of patients and staff.
- Supervised quality improvement activities related to standards of care, standards of practice, and current protocols, policies and procedures.
- Coordinated with Staff Development and Nurse Manager ensuring compliance to established regulatory requirements for assigned units.
- Communicated with patients and families to answer questions and concerns.
- Developed and implemented labor management partnership principles.
Diabetes Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Easton Hospital, Saint Louis, MO
- Developed structural foundation for chronic care management.
- Collaborated with Nutrition and Social Services departmentsin program development.
- Designed and implemented care delivery system with new approaches and specific improvement activities.
- Identified and implemented guidelines, standards, algorithms, and protocols.
- Established and reported on individual outcome measures and aggregated outcome measures.
- Developed and organized training for staff and other healthcare providers Community Partnerships.
B.S in Nursing and Medical Care, Central Washington University, Ellensburg, WA
2134 S Acama St
Brea, CA 92821
Objective To secure a position as a Diabetes Nurse that will enable me to use my strong nursing skills, educational background, and ability to work well with people.
- Extended ability to provide quality outpatient care to clients in a multitude of settings.
- Solid experience inpatient medical/surgical and critical care clinical.
- Comprehensive knowledge in insulin administration, pump therapy, and carbohydrate counting.
- Sound knowledge of diabetes management and adult learning principles.
- Skilled at educating patients and families regarding the condition.
Diabetes Nurse, 2004 to till date
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Conducted complications of patients diagnosed with diabetes mellitus.
- Monitored blood glucose levels.
- Developed, promoted and supported diabetes quality management initiatives.
- Implemented and evaluated patient teaching plans for areas of diabetes mellitus, hypertension, therapeutic diet instruction, and weight control.
- Performed comprehensive management of blood glucose for patients with diabetes.
Certification by the National Certification Board for Diabetic Educator, 2004
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
B.S in Nursing, 2003
Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia