1491 Dovetail Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Objective To secure a job as a Correctional Nurse within the hospital in which my nursing skills and experience can be used to help the hospital grow.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience as an correctional nurse in hospital and psychiatric nursing
- Solid understanding of correctional medical policies and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice and ethics
- Sound knowledge of medical, therapeutic and psychiatric nursing interventions and methods
- Ability to apply quality standards, procedures and protocols
- Ability to listen and provide empathetic assistance to inmates in meeting their needs
- Superb documentation skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within the scope of a secure environment
- Ability to develop therapeutic relationships with inmates and their caregivers
Correctional Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Correctional Medical Services, Schaumburg, IL
- Supervised and resolved patient care and inmates issues.
- Established work performance standards and evaluated performance.
- Counseled and disciplined subordinate staff.
- Coordinated and provided health related training for medical staff.
- Assessed training needs of nursing staff.
- Planned, developed, implemented and evaluated health related training programs.
Correctional Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Cosmetic Nurse, Schaumburg, IL
- Reported reactions to treatments and medications and changes in the inmates’ emotional and physical condition.
- Interpreted physicians’ orders and administered prescribed medication.
- Helped in surgical dressings and bandages.
- Responded in emergency and provided first aid care.
- Monitored and recorded vital signs.
- Observed signs and symptoms during sick call when physician is not present.
B.A in Health Care Studies, Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT