1240 Hillhaven Drive
North Hollywood, CA 91605
Job Objective To work as a Chemotherapy Nurse and practice my skills and past experiences.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Exceptional experience in an oncology environment
- Thorough knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer
- Proficient in computers
- Excellent phlebotomy, documentation and communication skills
- Superior skills in sterile technique for procedures
- Ability to assess patient via telephone and act accordingly
- Ability to work with the physician and other team members to deliver safe and effective care to patients
- Remarkable ability to perform multi-tasks
Chemotherapy Nurse, August 2005 – Present
St. Jude Heritage Healthcare, North Hollywood, CA
- Assisted physician with exams and procedures.
- Consulted protocol and treatment plan with physician regarding dosage modifications, problems, and symptom management.
- Provided instruction to the patient and caregiver in the use of the pump at home.
- Documented nursing assessments, patient teaching and fluid and medication administration in the patient chart.
- Participated in professional development activities and maintained professional affiliations.
Chemotherapy Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, North Hollywood, CA
- Performed patient education to cover chemotherapy agents following physicians designated regimen for patient.
- Assessed patient via the telephone and acted accordingly.
- Coordinated patient education and assessment for drug toxicities on a daily basis.
- Helped physicians and team members to meet the patient’s needs.
- Maintained efficient and appropriate patient flow in and out of exam rooms.
- Cared for patients and assisted patients with activities of daily living.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Adrian College, Adrian, MI