3091 Massachusetts Avenue
Washington, DC 20024
Job Objective Vehicle Mechanic position that utilizes my prior skills and enables me to make a positive contribution to the organization.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Strong experience in the repair and maintenance of diesel vehicles
- Operational knowledge of practices and materials used in the equipment of the various mechanical and automotive trades
- Sound knowledge of the diesel and gasoline engine
- Familiarity with suspension parts, bearings, engine parts / assemblies and ignition systems
- Ability to repair hydraulic systems
- Ability to follow all the safety rules in the facility
- Ability to communicate with service vendors, dealers and parts suppliers
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and vehicle parts
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems in a variety of vehicles and equipments
Vehicle Mechanic, August 2005 – Present
URS Corporation, Washington, DC
- Diagnosed and repaired the malfunction in the automotive equipment.
- Installed and repaired various accessories for vehicles such as heaters and mirrors.
- Maintained a clean and neat work area.
- Overhauled and repaired the gas, diesel and electrical automotives.
- Assembled and repaired components such as generator and starters.
- Repaired various controls and hydraulic pumps.
- Maintained components such as gears, bearings, assemblies and cooling systems.
Vehicle Mechanic, May 2000 – July 2005
US – Global Operations, Washington, DC
- Maintained and repaired the trailers and tractors according to requirement.
- Installed the various electronic equipments on tractors.
- Recorded all the repair and maintenance work carried on the trailers and tractors in the computers.
- Maintained the cryogenic pumps and the electronic and electrical equipment on the tractors and trailers.
High School Diploma, Litchfield High School, Litchfield, CT