2022 Fowler Avenue
Marietta, GA 30067
Job Objective To seek employment as a Power Plant Mechanic in my desired field.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in maintaining mechanical systems in an industrial power plant
- Sound knowledge of the safety rules and regulations to be maintained in a power plant
- Thorough knowledge of the equipments and tools required in maintaining and repairing diesel electric generating equipment
- Familiarity with transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and telecommunications systems
- Ability to lock out and remove the equipment for servicing and general maintenance
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, spreadsheets and vendor manuals
- Ability to dismantle and assemble plant and equipment parts
- Ability to use various tools such as drill presses and micrometers
Power Plant Mechanic, August 2005 – Present
DTE Energy, Marietta, GA
- Maintained the workplace and assured that work done is in accordance to the safety rules and regulations.
- Performed the preventive and corrective maintenance on various emergency and power plant generators.
- Overhauled and repaired generators at the site or any equipment failure.
- Maintained records of all maintenance carried on equipment.
- Repaired assemblies in coordination with the Water and Power production supervisor.
- Monitored the use of the power plant tools and manuals.
Power Plant Mechanic, May 2000 – July 2005
JPS Health Network, Marietta, GA
- Maintained the landfill gas cogeneration systems, biomass boiler plans and other boilers.
- Monitored the equipment by troubleshooting it regularly and diagnosing the problem on the equipments and the various systems.
- Adjusted and overhauled the aircraft systems using various hand tools and test equipments.
- Installed the engine in the aircraft using forklift truck, inspected the engine for any leaks and breaks.
- Installed various hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components of the equipment using a variety of power and hand tools.
- Maintained the aircraft system by regularly checking the brakes, greasing moving parts and flushing crankcase.
- Tested the system operations and engine using various testing equipments.
High School Diploma, Bradford High School, Starke, FL