1151 Webster Street
Newark, NJ 7102
Job Objective Qualified Accounting Operations Manager seeking situation that allows me to use my knowledge to gain business for the company and to bring about positive change.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Wide experience in managing accounting operations and developing automated processes for same
- Deep knowledge of GAAP and accounting
- Huge knowledge of financial software packages
- Remarkable ability to adapt to new applications
- Exceptional ability to manage work according to accounting principles
- Amazing communication skills in both oral and written forms
- Skilled to resolve all conflicts
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Ability to develop good relations with employees
Accounting Operations Manager
UHY Advisors, Newark, NJ
October 2008 – Present
- Administered efficient working of both account receivables and payables team and ensured all transaction according to schedule.
- Developed processes for accurate reporting of all revenue generated and collected.
- Monitored transaction process and reviewed it effectiveness on a regular basis.
- Designed a process to integrate both account receivables and account payable systems and performed tests on same.
- Performed tests on all control processes and prepared designs to improve processes.
- Coordinated with staff, management and vendors to ensure effective work.
- Hired and trained accounting employees, evaluated performance and provided feedback.
- Assisted controller and other departments in completing special projects.
Accounting Operations Supervisor
El Paso Corporation, Newark, NJ
August 2003 – September 2008
- Coordinated with accounting operations manager and ensured accuracy in all financial statements.
- Trained all staff accountants according to company goals and developed ways for improvement.
- Administered projects and oversaw effectiveness and accuracy of all entries.
- Assisted teams in finding appropriate locations for projects and hiring personnel.
- Provided field technology and implemented various upgrades and prepared presentations.
- Managed special projects with help of various teams according to policies and procedures.
GES Exposition Services, Newark, NJ
May 1998 – July 2003
- Provided support to department, performed data entry and maintained all records.
- Reviewed all cost accounting, accounts payable and receivables and ensure authenticity.
- Facilitated various accounting tasks with help of automated systems such as generating financial reports.
- Assisted departments in balancing complex ledger and ensured complete accuracy in work.
- Coordinated with various departments and resolved all problems.
- Analyzed process, identified any issues and recommended solutions to resolve and improve processes.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Butte College, Oroville, CA