112 Washburn Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
Job Objective To use my abilities and skills and gain employment as Zoo Keeper.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of providing zoo maintenance, sanitation, and monitoring services
- In-depth knowledge of zoology principles and animal husbandry practices
- Remarkable knowledge of feeding, care, handling, and behavior management of captive animals
- Familiarity with zoo operations, emergency procedures, and facility maintenance
- Ability to capture and restrain zoo animals of different sizes, carefully
- Ability to communicate with staff, visitors, and public, in a pleasant manner
Audubon Zoo – New Orleans, LA
August 2012 – Present
- Prepared and administered routine and special food diets to zoo animals.
- Cleaned, sanitized, and maintained all animal enclosures, cages, and exhibit areas, properly.
- Detected, monitored, and reported all sick and injured animals to the supervisor.
- Prepared and maintained all animal-specific records, in an accurate manner.
- Set up, repaired, and renovated all animal exhibits in the zoo.
- Planned and executed educational and public events for students and zoo visitors.
Fort Worth Zoo – Fort Worth, TX
May 2009 – July 2012
- Assessed, and addressed all physical and social needs of animals through enrichment programs.
- Prepared and fed appropriate food to zoo animals and bathed them, on a daily basis.
- Cleaned, disinfected, and tidied all animal cages and enclosures, properly.
- Administered medications and provided proper care to sick animals, as directed.
- Created, updated, and maintained correct records of all zoo animals.
- Detected and reported unnatural behavior and abnormal condition of zoo animals, to the supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science
York College, Jamaica, NY