3180 Wayback Lane
Westbury, NY 11590
Job Objective Looking for a challenging position as a Sports Journalist where I can further develop my skills and do unrestricted, unbiased reporting.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Substantial experience of composing sports articles, attending sports events and conducting sports-related interviews
- Extensive knowledge of various types of sports, tournamentsand related issues
- Operational knowledge of computer software such as, MS Office, Dreamweaver and Photoshop
- Familiarity with reporting and comparison of sports statistics and sports historical data
- Outstanding ability to produce highly engaging sports-related articles, in a timely manner
- Exceptional ability to operate still camera, video camera and voice recorder for collecting information
Gannett Company, Westbury, NY
August 2012 – Present
- Providedpost-event reportingof various sports events, by watching those events, in-person.
- Interviewed many sports celebrities and published those interviews, in company’s magazine.
- Wrote and submitted a variety ofsports-related editorial content and press releases, in a timely manner.
- Assisted with selection of appropriate and attractive designs and photographs to increase the appeal of relevant editorial content.
- Maintained strong professional relationships with different PR agencies and sports societies.
- Contributed in increasing the popularity and sale of company’s sports magazine.
E. W. Scripps Company, Westbury, NY
May 2009 – July 2012
- Produced editorial content like, sports articles, game previews, sports news and match reports, in an engaging manner.
- Collected pre-written editorial and video content from all news providers, for submission.
- Posted own and other news providers’ sports-related editorial materials, in a timely manner.
- Displayed all sports-related content on company’s sports-news website and associated social media channels.
- Liaised with Editorial team, on proper and efficient functioning of company’s sports-news website.
- Assisted with increasing company-owned sports-news website traffic and popularity.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism
Lake Superior State University, Sault Sainte Marie, MI