3640 Polk Street
Tucson, AZ 85746
Job Objective Career-minded Lead Keeper in search of position with company where my skills and abilities can be used to their fullest potential.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in handling animals, maintaining facilities and supervising staff
- Profound knowledge of animal husbandry, behavior, and natural history
- Outstanding knowledge of captive animal management and operation of bobcat equipment
- Familiarity with animal conservation programs and agency emergency procedures
- Ability to identify and respond to abnormal animal behaviors and conditions, efficiently
- Ability to provide appropriate food and care to animals of the facility
Medallia, Inc., Tucson, AZ
August 2012 – Present
- Trained and supervised fulltime staff, temporary workers, and interns, as assigned.
- Cleaned and disinfected all animal enclosures and other facility areas.
- Oversaw and assisted in preparing and distributing food to the animals.
- Monitored animals, guests, and work conditions and maintained safety for animals and people.
- Created and maintained animal-specific records and work-related reports.
- Interpreted and adhered to all applicable agency policies and procedures.
CK Franchising, Inc., Tucson, AZ
May 2009 – July 2012
- Cleaned and sanitized all animal enclosures, exhibit areas, and other areas.
- Administered proper food and medicine to animals and assisted in their treatment.
- Captured, transported, and restrained all exhibit animals, as required.
- Prepared and maintained animal health, behavior, and feeding records, accurately.
- Conducted minor repairs of animal enclosures and reported all needs for major maintenance work.
- Received and responded to animal-related queries from staff and visitors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Wildlife Conservation and Biology
Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC