2520 Melrose Street
Berkeley, CA 94704
Job Objective To secure Entertainment Reporter position to help contribute to the growth of the organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Relevant experience of reporting and writing about entertainment industry news, events and celebrities
- Thorough knowledge of journalistic ethics and digital content creation
- Exceptional knowledge of social media outlets and SEO practices
- Familiarity with pop culture, nightlife and entertainment topics
- Ability to operate computer and use MS Office software for writing content
- Ability to produce factual, complete and timely entertainment news reports
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Berkeley, CA
August 2012 – Present
- Conducted interviews of entertainment celebrities and composed feature-length articles on them.
- Provided news coverage of entertainment industry events and composed feature stories.
- Assessedand informed public about upcoming events and bands through social media sites and online blogs.
- Scripted, edited, and presented entertainment-based segments, broadcasts, and announcements.
- Operated and monitored camera on the set during live recordings.
- Prepared and presented complete, factual, and interesting entertainment reports.
BuzzFeed Inc., Berkeley, CA
May 2009 – July 2012
- Composed and edited news stories, feature articles, and event reports related to entertainment industry.
- Attended and reported on press conferences and film screenings.
- Organized and conducted interviews of actors and entertainment celebrities.
- Developed and maintained strong working relationships with industry professionals and contacts.
- Shot, selected and used relevant photos and video coverage to accompany news and reports.
- Presented content and interacted with readers through social media.
Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism
Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, NH