2964 Graystone Lakes
Louisville, GA 30477
Job Objective Seeking a Academic Mentor position in an organization where I can utilize my skills and be an asset to the employer.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Substantial experience of delivering academic support and mentoring assistance to students
- Extensive knowledge of student counseling, assessments, and case management practices
- Operational knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet program, and internet applications
- Familiarity with educational grants, scholarships, and other financial aid resources
- to counsel students on academic development and learning strategies
- Ability to deal with first generation, low income, and disabled students, tactfully
AST Tutoring Services, Louisville, GA
August 2012 – Present
- Supervised and guided students in completing all academic paperwork, as required.
- Provided information and delivered assistance to students regarding scholarship and grant opportunities.
- Mentored students and tracked their academic performance, in an efficient manner.
- Liaised with teaching staff and monitored classroom activities, as needed.
- Developed, maintained, and reviewed academic progress reports of all students.
- Built and maintained effective working relationships with departmental staff, teachers, and administrators.
Creative Explorers-Reynoldsburg City Schools, Reynoldsburg, OH
May 2009 – July 2012
- Planned, prepared, and implemented student-oriented academic mentoring program.
- Provided tutorials and presented learning strategies to all assigned students.
- Identified and utilized relevant community resources to improve students’ academic performance.
- Monitored and reviewed student academic progress in examinations, in a timely manner.
- Authored and submitted all required reports, accurately and on time.
- Established and maintained cordial relationships with teaching faculty and child-welfare community.
Master’s Degree in Counseling
Jackson State University, Jackson, MS