4892 Hardesty Street
Albany, NY 12207
Career Objective To work as a Police Investigator where my skills, education and experience will be challenged and enhanced by the opportunity.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Deep knowledge of laws of arrest, search and seizure and evidence
- Familiarity with state and local law enforcement laws and statutes
- In-depth knowledge of criminal procedures and case law
- Ability to demonstrate firearms’ safety procedures
- Ability to present cases in court
- Ability to analyze information and circumstances
- Ability to prepare comprehensive written reports
- Ability to comply radio, intercom and telephone procedures
Police Investigator, August 2005 – Present
City of Clyde Police Department
- Investigated crime scenes to gather clues and evidence.
- Secured deceased body and collected evidence from it, prevented bystanders from disturbing it before medical examiner’s arrival.
- Secured persons at scene, kept witnesses from conversing and leaving the scene before investigators arrive.
- Preserved, processed and analyzed items of evidence obtained from crime scenes and suspects.
- Questioned individuals and observed persons and establishments to confirm information given to patrol officers.
Police Investigator, May 2000 – July 2005
Michigan State Police
- Interviewed witnesses and victims.
- Interrogated suspects and offenders.
- Pursued suspects on foot and in vehicle.
- Conducted frisk and pat down of handcuffed suspects and prisoners.
- Participated in investigations of all types of crimes.
- Collected and secured information and evidence.
- Performed searches and maintained records of the investigations.
- Participated in gathering intelligence information.
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH