3072 Lake Forest Drive
Fairview Park, NY 10603
Job Objective To obtain a Historical Interpreter position where my years of experience and training can be used to benefit the company to help it grow and thrive.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Substantial experience of historical information interpretation and communication
- In-depth knowledge of preparation, execution and coordination of public programs and tours
- Remarkable knowledge of using Microsoft Office software and writing event reviews
- Familiarity with working in a historic house, museum and gallery
- Ability to handle and respond to historical information requests from visitors
- Ability to communicate with coworkers, children and adults in an interactive and pleasant manner
Fort William Henry Corporation, Lake George, NY
August 2012 – Present
- Planned, prepared and presented historical and educational interpretive programs and exhibits,
- Surveyed historic sites and conducted historical walking tours for visitors.
- Assisted with historical information research and executed community outreach activities.
- Welcomed onsite visitors and responded to their history-related queries.
- Assisted with preparation of appropriate costumes and coordinated portrayal of historical characters.
- Hired, trained and directed assigned team of employees and volunteers.
Five Rivers MetroParks, Dayton, OH
May 2009 – July 2012
- Planned, developed and conducted group and individual history-based interpretive tours and programs.
- Interpreted and explained a variety of historical activities to site visitors and tour participants.
- Used age-appropriate hands-on and inquiry based teaching methods and accordingly presented historical information.
- Preserved and maintained historical site and artifacts and ensured their security.
- Educated visitors about general regulations and provided accurate site related information.
- Handled and responded to visitors’ information requests and service complaints, effectively.
Master’s Degree in Histoty
John Brown University, Siloam Springs, AR