4505 Cityview Drive
Northampton, PA 18067
Job Objective Seeking Zoo Nutritionist position and make a useful contribution to the organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Highly experienced in formulation, implementation and monitoring of diets of zoo inhabitants
- Thorough knowledge ofnutritional and physiological requirements and issues of captive wildlife
- Outstanding knowledge of all applicable government-approved regulations and standards
- Proficiencyinusing word processor, spreadsheets, Internet, nutritional analysis software and nutrition databases
- Ability to order, procure, assess and manage food products and dietary items, properly
- Ability to maintain proper nutrition and healthof zoo animals, by making effective diet modifications
San Diego ZOO Global, Northampton, PA
August 2012 – Present
- Directed and managed animal nutrition program for all captive wildlife present in the zoo.
- Worked with animal care staff, veterinary team and horticultural department, for improvement of zoo environment.
- Created, assessed, modified, approved and implemented species-specific diets for zoo’s animal collection.
- Achieved all assigned animal nutrition, health, behavioral and husbandry objectives.
- Executed all assigned tasks in compliance with AZA and USDA standards.
- Assisted with development, execution and management of food quality control programs.
Merritt Hawkins, Northampton, PA
May 2009 – July 2012
- Created and implemented effective and scientific nutritional research program involving captive wildlife.
- Developed and managed annual budget for diets, nutritional analysis, and nutritional research of zoo animals.
- Attended multi-institutional programs, national organization meetings, international programs and animal welfare committee meetings.
- Participated in variousanimal-conservation programs andspecies-survival programs.
- Collected and maintained latest information related to dietary ingredient regulations, animal welfare issues and safety standards.
- Worked with zoo support staff and animal care team, in a cooperative and helpful manner.
Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Nutrition
Honolulu University, Honolulu, HI