3053 Saint Marys Avenue
Massena, NY 13662
Job Objective To obtain a Pharmacist position in a highly reputed organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in a computerized hospital pharmacy setting
- Skilled at window based word processing, spreadsheet and relational database software
- Profound knowledge of practice guidelines and practice parameters, pharmacoeconomics, quality improvement processes and techniques
- In-depth knowledge of medication use evaluation principles
- Ability to enable timely completion of assigned work requirements
- Excellent customer service skills and data entry skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Mercy Suburban Hospital, Massena, NY
August 2005 – Present
- Consulted with patients and other health care providers on issues regarding drug related problems.
- Checked to prevent allergic and adverse drug reactions.
- Interpreted medication histories to make recommendations relating to drug therapy.
- Clarified the patient’s understanding of their therapy to assure the best possible outcome.
- Ensured that the medication needs of patients are met throughout the continuum of care.
- Provided work direction and guidance for technicians in performing technical pharmacy functions.
Carteret General Hospital, Massena, NY
May 2000 – July 2005
- Evaluated physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, route of administration and stability.
- Made recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate.
- Worked with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support when needed.
- Obtained and maintained all required documentation in compliance with federal and state regulatory agencies and policy.
- Implemented policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
Peninsula College, Port Angeles, WA