1335 Lighthouse Drive
Springfield, MO 65806
Job Objective Seeking full-time Veterans Claims Examiner position in which to use my abilities and experience to help company excel.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Profound knowledge of statutes, court decisions, regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to the adjudication of veterans’ claims
- Ability to determine priorities and successfully balance conflicting demands
- Ability to draft, review and coordinate the promulgation of regulations governing veterans benefits
- Ability to interpret and analyze material and make well-justified decisions from the analysis
- Ability to review, investigate and adjudicate claims
- Great analytical and problem solving skills
Veterans Claims Examiner, August 2005 – Present
Veterans Benefits Administration, Springfield, MO
- Investigated and assessed loans and damage.
- Analyzed information collected by investigation and reports findings and recommendations.
- Arranged for the defence of state agencies when claims filed and managed litigation of claims through defense attorney.
- Participated in mediation of litigated claims, resolved disputed claims and negotiated fair and equitable claim settlement.
- Collected evidence to support contested claims in court.
Veterans Claims Examiner, May 2000 – July 2005
Veterans Affairs, Springfield, MO
- Provided analysis of education program issues to veterans, dependents, school officials and other interested parties relative to their rights and benefits.
- Referred questionable claims to investigator and claims adjuster for investigation and settlement.
- Obtained credit information from banks and other credit services.
Bachelor’s Degree in Veterans Administration, Elizabeth City State University, Elizabeth City, NC