1854 Hickory Ridge Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Job Objective Searching for reputable company in which to secure a position as Tax Examiner and to becomeavaluable asset to company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Profound knowledge of Rules and Regulations and State Statutes
- In-depth knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Thorough knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules and the democratic political process
- Extensive knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
- Proficient with CMS, CTR, CTA, DMS, CMS, WTS and ITS
- Ability to identify tax issues during the preparation process
- Excellent problem solving skills to reconcile accounts
Tax Examiner, August 2005 – Present
Maine Revenue Services, Las Vegas, NV
- Calculated the amount of sales, excise, income and other taxes due to assessments.
- Analyzed information from various sources to identify potential non-filers.
- Communicated with taxpayers in writing and by telephone for a various reasons including to clarify assessments made against them.
- Discussed and explained various tax forms, laws and policies with taxpayers and their representatives.
- Interpreted and applied Federal and State tax codes for personal, business and corporate taxes.
Tax Examiner, May 2000 – July 2005
Division of Financial & Person, Las Vegas, NV
- Researched accounts where discrepancies have been reported.
- Investigated and pursued delinquent accounts to include sending delinquent notices.
- Worked with taxpayer on how to bring account current before referring to external collection agency.
- Made recommendation whether to file a lien or release lien and file out of state liens through Secretary of State office.
- Set up and monitored payment plans and process payments.
- Negotiated and dealt effectively with others in a potentially confrontational situation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Crafton Hills College, Yucaipa, CA