1825 Kelly Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Job Objective Career-minded Psychiatric Evaluator in search of position with company where my skills and abilities can be used to their fullest potential.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of psychiatric evaluations, diagnosis and counseling
- Sound knowledge of established psychiatriccounseling standards and regulations
- Commendable knowledge of various mental health disorders and ICD-9 CM coding
- Familiarity with CPR procedures and handling of life threatening situations
- Ability to conduct individual and group counseling of patients and their families
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Midas, Cerner and internet applications
Shands Healthcare, Charlotte, NC
August 2012 – Present
- Performed psychiatric assessments of patients and helped to diagnose psychiatric disorders.
- Determined patients’ community mental health needs and referred them to relevant community resources.
- Assisted with insurance pre-certifications and contributed in medication management for patients.
- Advised and guided family members on how to handle patients in an effective and positive manner.
- Interacted with clients in a caring manner and motivated them to convey their feelings effectively.
- Prepared and maintained all medical documents, clinical progress notes and patient files.
New York Presbyterian Hospitals, Charlotte, NC
May 2009 – July 2012
- Conducted and reported on behavioral health assessments and psychiatric interventions.
- Developed and maintained positive working relationships with physicians, staff and community agencies.
- Delivered individual, group, and family-based counseling and provided therapeutic interventions.
- Assisted with community outreach initiatives and made outpatient referrals.
- Contacted and liaised with insurance companies for patient admission and transfer process.
- Complied with all applicable regulations and standards and ensured confidentiality of sensitive information.
Master’s Degree in Behavioral Health
Edison State College, Fort Myers, FL