4778 Lake Forest Drive
Olathe, KS 66061
Job Objective To obtain a Mechanical Estimator position with reputable company in which to use my past experience to become a valued member of the team.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Vast mechanical estimating experience
- Expertise in handling the entire mechanical portion of projects and cost analysis
- Deep knowledge of construction materials, equipment and techniques
- Proficiency in usingMicrosoft Suite, Timberline & Primavera products and estimating software applications
- Ability to partner and framework arrangements
- Ability to develop bid strategies and closing of mechanical estimates
- Ability to prepare take-offs, schedules, budgets and price estimates
- Ability to understand and contribute to risk and contingency assessments
Mechanical Estimator, August 2005 – Present
Johnson Controls Inc,, Olathe, KS
- Prepared estimates for Mechanical Engineering works from specifications.
- Assisted in the preparation of a procurement plan with the buying department to agree suppliers &sub contractors, terms & conditions and discount levels.
- Developed data base for mechanical equipment.
- Streamlined risk schedules to indentify and quantify risks and mitigation measures.
- Ensured Company procedures and processes are implemented.
- Established and maintained good client relationships at all times.
- Ensured that the latest health & safety regulations and legislation are provided for within the estimate.
Mechanical Estimator, May 2000 – July 2005
The Boldt Company, Olathe, KS
- Interpreted contract bid documents; defined and determined work areas that needed quotations.
- Prepared tender prices and quantities from drawings and designs.
- Calculated cost estimates for projects, compiled and analyzed data that influenced cost estimates.
- Developed unit costs for labor items.
- Analyzed and evaluated received quotations to select most competitive supplier.
- Ensured quality while submitting more comprehensive alternative solutions for clients.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Nicholls State University, Thibodaux, LA