27 Cook Hill Road
New Haven, CT 6511
Objective Highly motivated Senior Storage Engineer seeking position with growing company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in a technical support role and in managing data storage system
- Operational knowledge of key RAID concepts – striping, caching, parity, failure & recovery, redundancy
- Huge knowledge of alternative storage products, Cisco MDS 9000 series switches, Compellent Storage and Distributed File Systems
- Solid understanding of general storage technologies, NFS and CIFS administration
- Good understanding of PC architecture and the major data transfer mechanisms
- Familiarity with networking and computing concepts
- Immense ability to motivate team members and explain technical information and formulate proposals and technical documents
- Amazing ability to analyze technical solutions against business needs
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills
Storage Engineer, August 2005 – Present
Cyberlan, New Haven, CT
- Deployed storage solutions and resolved problems as well as coordinated with coworkers and vendors.
- Assisted clients and sales team and executed storage workload modeling and prediction.
- Conducted capacity planning and reporting and assured efficient use of storage.
- Supervised server storage performance and enforced recovery procedures.
- Aided recovery in event of systems failure.
- Carried out post-installation training.
Storage Engineer, May 2000 – July 2005
Ferguson Enterprises, New Haven, CT
- Created technical designs and aided solution architecture.
- Analyzed recommendations of other staff and contributed to design stages of a project.
- Provided support and expert advice within the Operations team.
- Supervised the deployment of all technology.
- Coached junior staff members of the Storage Engineering team.
- Outlined and updated documentation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Skagit Valley College, Mount Vernon, WA