4798 Cheshire Road
Hartford, CT 6103
Job Objective To acquire a position as a Protection And Controls Engineer in which I can exercise my past training, education and experiences to make a positive impact on the growth of the company.
Summary Of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in protective relaying applications, utility protection and management of capacitor banks
- Profound knowledgeable of latest technology and CSA standards
- Steep knowledge of circuit breakers, fuses, switchers, transformers and shunt devices as well as safety practices
- Familiarity with Bulk Power System Protection, instrument transformer specifications and applications
- Good understanding of three-phase, AC power and utility control circuitry
- Amazing ability to manage control designers and handle varied issues
- Outstanding ability to work in a team environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
Protection And Controls Engineer, August 2005 – Present
GE, Hartford, CT
- Aided Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition engineers, substation physical engineers, site managers and control design staff.
- Executed power system load flow studies.
- Extended strategic support and conducted market research and outlined technical specifications.
- Formulated P&C device applications.
- Managed systemic P&C equipment defects.
- Analyzed project scope documents and commissioning results.
- Managed relay setting databases and analysis programs.
- Coached various departments and contractors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering,Newbury College, Brookline, MA
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, South Central Technical College, Faribault, MN
Objective Resourceful, analytical and detail-driven individual seeking employment as a Protection & Controls Engineer in a reputed organization.
- Immense ability to communicate effectively and act decisively.
- Proven ability to document the work performed and track progress of project, including administration of warranty items.
- Strong experience in the application, design, and settings of protection systems pertaining to high voltage transmission lines, substation equipment, and rotating machines
- Broad experience in the design of HV and EVH system protection schemes.
Protection & Controls Engineer, 2006 to till date
Data Discovery Solutions Limited., MD
- Performed relaying and power system analysis including system short circuit and relay coordination analysis.
- Designed and developed grounding and bonding solutions to protect personnel and equipment.
- Designed electrical protection and control systems for generation, transmission and distribution systems with emphasis on project costs and quality.
- Conducted relay protection and control activities for HV and EHV electrical substation projects.
M.S in Electrical Engineering, 2006
University of Texas at Austin
B.S in Electrical Engineering, 2004
University of Minnesota