209 Hiney Road
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Objective To secure a position as a Plastic Engineer for a dependable company on a long-term basis.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast experience working as a plastic engineer in a manufacturing unit
- Exceptional knowledge of plastic manufacturing and its processes
- Proficiency in operation of molding machines and peripheral equipment
- Wide knowledge of injection molding tool technologies
- Sound knowledge of plastic materials and extrusion processing
- Remarkable ability to document process and provide reports
- Great ability to operate measuring instruments
- Sound skills to perform troubleshoot and analyze issues
- Skilled to work on multiple project and meet deadlines
Plastic Engineer, August 2005 – Present
Tyco Electronics, North Las Vegas, NV
- Monitored process and ensured that it was completed within company procedures and Tyco Electronics Quality Policy.
- Prepared synopsis of project and submitted it to supervisor every month.
- Recommended changes in tooling designs and modified them to increase manufacturing output cost effectively.
- Developed molding processes and ensured that manufacturing unit was working accordingly.
- Determined changes in mold process to reduce scrap in production process and making it easier to maintain process.
- Documented all standard mold specifications and ensured they followed in production processes.
- Coordinated with vendors and resolved all technical issues that occurred in manufacturing process.
Plastic Engineer, May 2000 – July 2005
Wilbert Plastic Services, North Las Vegas, NV
- Provided technical support to manufacturing processes that involved plastics extrusions and moldings.
- Prepared plans for reducing cost for process, implemented plans to increase quality and quantity of products.
- Developed plans for installation and maintenance of various extrusion and production equipments for plant.
- Coordinated with other departments and resolved all technical issues in products.
- Assisted development team in production of new products.
Bachelor’s Degree in Plastics Engineering, Reed College, Portland, OR