2129 Rafe Lane
Jackson, MS 39213
Job Objective Seeking long-term position as a Mining Engineer with company offering advancement and extensive training options.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Vast experience working in a underground mining
- In-depth knowledge of underground mining, mine planning, blasting, haulage and ground control
- Deep knowledge of crushing and conveying methods
- Ability to conduct study on project, prepared estimates and schedule
- Familiarity with geologic field mapping and 3D geologic modeling, using either polygonal- or solids-modeling techniques
- Proficient with proprietary Technical and Scientific Systems (TSS) mining software
- Operating knowledge of loader, shovel, haul truck and large-scale off-road heavy equipment
Mining Engineer, August 2005 – Present
Tetra Tech, Jackson, MS
- Coordinated with engineers and geologists and designed project accordingly.
- Supervised working of staff in facility.
- Monitored mining equipments and ensured that they were functioning smoothly and were in accordance to safety regulations.
- Maintained mine equipment inventory and maintained records for same.
- Prepared records of expenditures and planned monthly budget of facility.
- Ensured that site was in accordance to health and safety practices and area was well ventilated.
- Determined new site for mining planned entire mining process right from surface to underground operations.
- Ensured that mine shafts were filled after completion of work and site was reclaimed.
Mining Engineer, May 2000 – July 2005
Cloud Peak Energy, Jackson, MS
- Evaluated area, performed geological surveys and prepared mining plans accordingly.
- Coordinated with Geology Manager and ensured that all locations were working aptly.
- Managed drilling process, monitored working of staff, prepared drilling logs and performed analysis on data.
- Developed geologic maps and designed improvements of engineering plans for production of materials.
- Assisted Geology Manager and evaluated site and acquired required permits.
- Trained group in performing all mining engineering duties.
- Performed mine closures and prepared an estimate of cost.
Bachelor’s Degree in mining engineering, Silicon Valley College, Fremont, CA