1070 Stanley Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
Job Objective Seeking Marine Electrical Engineer position with a company in which my skills and training can continue to advance.
Marine Electrical Engineer, August 2005 – Present
The Columbia Group, Garden City, NY
- Maintained and performed preventative and creative maintenance on power generating and distribution of electrical system for ship.
- Performed routine checks on equipments and documented them on SafeNet.
- Scheduled and planned maintenance work carried on equipment.
- Prepared technical specifications for all maintenance work carried on equipments and mentioned if there were any updates or repair made.
- Monitored test readings for equipment, inspected all secure connections of facility.
Marine Electrical Engineer, May 2000 – July 2005
Siemens Corporation, Garden City, NY
- Designed electronic and electrical systems for commercial ships.
- Developed designs for new ships and upgraded designs of existing ships.
- Managed distribution and power generation systems of ship.
- Monitored lighting, communication and navigation systems for same.
- Inspected ship and recommended need of modern techniques.
- Prepared reports of drawings and specifications of system.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast Experience in marine electrical systems design and analysis
- Familiarity with marine electrical systems and engine room operations
- Wide knowledge in operating DMMs, Scopes and spectrum analyzers to validate designs
- Expert in using A/D, D/A converters, microprocessors, memories and standard high speed bus interfaces
- Sound knowledge of all marine electrical safety practices and procedures
- Remarkable ability to repair all malfunction in electrical equipment
- Exceptional skills to present all technical information in writing
- Skilled to perform basic math calculations
- Proficient in MS Office applications and AutoCad
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Morningside College, Sioux City, IA
1460 N Sandburg Ter, Apt 2007
Sacramento, CA 94235
Objective Obtain a Marine Electrical Engineer position to utilize my talent and training in contributing to organizational goals and objectives.
- Familiar with a variety of engine room and ship’s electrical systems.
- Excellent experience in power control systems.
- Broad experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of naval and marine electrical systems.
- Immense ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, diagrams and operation of naval electrical equipment.
- Marine Electrical Engineer, 2006 to till date
- Halliburton Electrical Ltd., CA
- Maintained and repaired electrical power generating and distribution systems.
- Designed and developed a PC based shipboard monitoring and control system for marine applications.
- Installed and repaired marine cables.
- Designed and analyzed electrical power generation and distribution systems for marine vehicles.
M.S in Electrical Engineering, 2006
Arizona State University, Tempe
B.S in Electrical Engineering, 2004
Indiana University, Bloomington