2780 Jefferson Street
Norfolk, VA 23502
Job Objective Dependable and hard working Highways Maintenance Engineer seeking employment with strong growth oriented company.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in Highway design and maintenance
- Huge knowledge of highway maintenance and framework contracts
- Ability to develop and produce conceptual, preliminary and final roadway design drawings
- Immense ability to review roadway plans, performing horizontal and vertical roadway alignment calculations
- Familiarity with CalTrans and AASHTO standards
- Proficient with Microstation, InRoads, Civil 3D, Microsoft Office applications, and other civil engineering software
- Skilled to develop and achieve all objectives for projects
Highways Maintenance Engineer, August 2005 – Present
Transystems, Norfolk, VA
- Developed and maintained highway network and determined resource management plans.
- Monitored highway network and developed various procedures to maintain safety of highways.
- Determined and prepared annual highway maintenance revenue and allocated capital budgets.
- Coordinated with Country Council, maintained a stock of structures and prepared proposals.
- Ensured that highway maintenance was carried efficiently.
- Evaluated revenue expenditures for highways and ensured that targets were achieved.
- Coordinated with councilors and committees and ensured that all service regulations were met.
Highways Maintenance Engineer, May 2000 – July 2005
Haley & Aldrich, Norfolk, VA
- Evaluated all highway maintenance contracts and scheduled maintenance work on them.
- Assisted Head of Highways and provided expert advice on contracts of highways.
- Prepared maintenance programs for projects and designed corrective and preventative measures.
- Trained all team members and provided them appropriate training.
- Coordinated with Portfolio Manger and prepared budgets for programs.
- Developed quality systems and ensured that they were effectively applied.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Sinte Gleska University, Rosebud, SD