1550 Old Dear Lane
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Objective Looking for work as a Data Center Engineer in a firm that allows me to practice my expertise while also continuing to grow and advance in my experiences.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Admirable experience within a large, Windows & Linux-based Data Center environment
- Familiarity with Data Center power, cooling, cabling, as well as other Infrastructure issues
- Proficiency in using datacenter servers, cabling, racks, and in-rack-PDUs
- Huge knowledge in Installing, configuring and maintaining production server infrastructure and applications
- Wide knowledge of information security risks and counter-measures for Windows, Unix, Linux server platforms
- Solid understanding of Unix and LINUX operating systems
- Skilled in installing cable, fiber, power, and rack mounting equipment
- Exceptional ability to provide support to the data center
- Good communication skills
- Outstanding understanding of the Data Center infrastructure
Data Center Engineer, August 2005 – Present
Merck & Co., Inc, Poughkeepsie, NY
- Maintained the data center equipment and software and performed regular troubleshoot on the process.
- Prepared reports on projects and updated it regularly.
- Coordinated the daily activities of group and department.
- Managed the data center infrastructure and ensured support to the facilities.
- Ensured the work was completed in accordance to the regulations of data protection.
- Prepared a list of all inventory required for the continuous functioning of the data center system.
- Organized a disaster recovery system for complex systems and trained the staff on the same.
- Handled projects and used judgment to resolve various problems.
Data Center Engineer, May 2000 – July 2005
MySpace US Tech Ops, Poughkeepsie, NY
- Managed the new Data Center products in support of the new facilities and migrations.
- Facilitated the growth of the IT Infrastructure Service support and participated in the development of its products and services.
- Coordinated with the key customers and stakeholders and ascertained the business requirements.
- Prepared programs that streamlined the Global Data Center strategic plan with the business need.
- Handled various teams of a Data Center such as capacity management, data center tools and monitored the services.
- Maintained the Data Center infrastructure in accordance to the specifications and provided the necessary hardware and software.
- Documented all the standard operation procedures of the Data Center products.
B.S in Engineering, Baylor University, Waco, TX