2294 Burnside Avenue
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Job Objective Seeking an exciting and challenging position as a Tape Librarian in a company where my skills and knowledge can be used to the fullest.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Highly experienced in management, preservation and updating of tape library
- Profound knowledge of storage, retrieval, back up recovery and maintenance of tapes and media
- Outstanding knowledge of media transfer and tracking, vendor negotiations and HIPAA standards
- Familiarity with various types of tape drives and operating systems
- Ability to monitor and perform large-scale tape media operations
- Ability to use MS Office software and email programs, efficiently
August 2012 – Present
- Cataloged, stored, backed up, and maintained tape library materials.
- Loaded, tracked and unloaded tapes from and to tape libraries.
- Prepared tapes for shipment and transferred them to off-site media storage facility.
- Prepared and maintainedmany accounts with the off-site media storage vendors.
- Prepare and maintained accurate library catalogs and operational records.
- Detected, assessed and eliminated hardware issues related with tape library.
May 2009 – July 2012
- Updated, backed up and provided access to library collections and materials.
- Transferred tape media to and from off-site storage vaults and tracked media movement.
- Received, documented and responded to tape requests and related queries.
- Debugged and maintained library hardware, software and media equipments.
- Built and maintained strong professional relationships with vendors, freight forwarder and other service providers.
- Interpreted and complied with HIPPA regulations and documentation requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
Mary Baldwin College, Staunton, VA