1213 Parrill Court
Crown Point, IN 46307
Job Objective To use my abilities and training as a Prison Librarian to help growing company meet or exceed overall goals while also enhancing my career.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Highly experienced in development, management and provision of prison library services
- Profound knowledge of library stock management and interlibrary loan practices
- Outstanding knowledge of library budget management and control mechanisms
- Familiarity with understanding of social inclusion issues related to prison service
- Ability to work extended hours and various shifts as required
- Ability to interact with prison library staff, prison personnel and inmates in a diplomatic manner
State Personnel Board
August 2012 – Present
- Oversaw and directed library operations, service delivery and staff activities.
- Acquired, checked, arranged and maintained prison library collections.
- Prepared and maintainedaccurate records of library inventory, machinery and statistical data related to library use.
- Prepared and presented library displays,exhibitions and booklists for library promotion.
- Obtained and maintained information about prison library users and provided library services, accordingly.
- Instructed and assisted prison inmates in the use of the prison library.
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTION
May 2009 – July 2012
- Planned and conducted library instructional programs and exhibitions for prison inmates and library users.
- Created, implemented and managed policies and budgets for prison library.
- Trained, directed and managed assigned team of library personnel.
- Procured, arranged and managed collection f information resources and related materials for prison library.
- Provided book reviews and delivered readers’ advisory services to all library users.
- Interpreted and followed all applicable regulations and policies pertaining to prison security, workplace safety and library services.
Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science
Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, LA