3842 Poplar Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103
Job Objective Seeking employment as a Math Tutor.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Substanitial experience in teaching math concepts
- Profound knowledge of instructional techniques
- Sound knowledge of student assessment practices
- Familiarity with Algebra, Calculus, Geometry and Permutations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Aleks and MyMath Lab
- Good understanding of student learning styles
- Ability to promote independent learning among students
- Ability to manage math tutoring schedules
- Ability to develop math curriculum and course materials
Amphitheater Public Schools, San Diego, CA
August 2007 – Present
- Delivered classroom lectures on math concepts.
- Provided one-on-one or small group tutoring to students.
- Provided homework and assignments to students.
- Conducted examinations and graded test papers.
- Evaluated student’s performances on periodic basis.
- Involved students in discussions and quizzes.
- Maintained classroom environment organized and safe.
- Enforced student behavior and disciplinary standards.
Tulsa Community College, San Diego, CA
May 2004 – July 2007
- Monitored student performance and provided feedback for improvements.
- Maintained records of each tutoring session.
- Reviewed and recommended improvements to instructional materials.
- Communicated student performances and concerns to Department Head.
- Provided guidance to students to improve academic performance.
- Attended tutor training sessions as directed by department head.
- Maintained student’s progress and attendance reports.
- Addressed students queries in a timely manner.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics
James A. Rhodes State College, Lima, OH