815 Ocala Street
Orlando, FL 32801
Job Objective Seeking a position as Children’s Librarian in highly reputed and professional organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Relevant experience of children’s library collection development, maintenance and provision
- Thorough knowledge of children’s literature, periodicals, web sites and social media
- Commendable knowledge of early literacy practices and child development principles
- Familiarity with applicablelibrary policies, procedures and services
- Ability to prepare and execute effective programs for children’s library service
- Ability to interpret information needs of children and provide appropriate library reference support
August 2012 – Present
- Planned and executed children’s library programs, services and outreach activities.
- Selected, obtained, and evaluated children-oriented books and audio-visual materials.
- Created book displays and booklists and enhanced visual appeal of children’s library.
- Resolved information requests from children and provided appropriate reference services.
- Instructed and assisted patrons in using library resources, computers, and online applications.
- Oversaw children’s library operations and managed allocated library budget.
DC Public Library
May 2009 – July 2012
- Developed, conducted and managed library programs and outreach activities for children.
- Procured, maintained and reviewed all children’s library collection and titles.
- Prepared and utilized special book displays and bulletin boards in the library.
- Guided patrons in locating and selecting library materials and assisted them in using computers and electronic resources.
- Monitored children’s library area and ensured its security efficiently.
- Attended staff meetings and participated in continuing educational activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science
Utah Valley University, Orem, UT