1466 Garfield Road
Arrowsmith, IL 61722
Job Objective Dedicated Lifestyle Editor looking for an opportunity to work for reputable company where my skills and experience will be of value.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in editing and writing content for lifestyle web sites
- Profound knowledge of social media
- Ability to maintain good relationships with PR contacts
- Ability to manage content management systems and tagging
- Ability to write, and edit content (text, photos, and video)
- Exceptional editing and proofreading skills
- Skilled to develop and implement social network strategies
- Proficient with HTML, Dreamweaver, MS Office Applications
- Familiarity with different online content platforms – blogging, social media and email newsletters
- Good understanding of SEO, HTML, tagging and content management systems
- Professional Experience
- Lifestyle Editor, July 2007 – Present
- Time Warner, Arrowsmith, IL
- Edited and assigned articles to necessary reporters and freelancers.
- Monitored content in compliance with AP editorial style and grammar.
- Developed project schedule and an editorial calendar.
- Managed work of freelance writers and editors and hired accordingly.
- Oversaw all editorial meetings and budgets for various sites.
- Hired new writers and prepared necessary contracts.
- Prepared status reports on site performance and submitted it to editorial director.
- Designed new features, tools and columns for website.
- Lifestyle Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- TheCelebrityCafe.com, Arrowsmith, IL
- Initiated article ideas and content packages which include photos and videos.
- Developed editorial calendar and covered trends and news.
- Hired and managed a network of freelance writers.
- Edited and produced content with help of web publishing tools.
- Coordinated with content customers and administered needs.
- Oversaw successful completion of all plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Alaska Pacific University, Anchorage, AK