2278 Sand Fork Road
Bristol, IN 46507
Career Objective To obtain Acquisitions Editor position in which to further my career and secure full-time employment.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience with acquisitions and mergers
- Expertise in managing publication related to editorial acquisitions
- Exceptional knowledge of market and other book titles in related genre
- Familiarity with digital products, e-books and online products
- Good understanding of journals publishing, management and development
- Ability to understand various financial models
- Ability to use sales forecasts and financial statements for planning
- Ability to negotiate and close complex deals
- Ability to resolve all problems faced by customers
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Work Experience
- Acquisitions Editor, July 2007 – Present
- Wolters Kluwer, Bristol, IN
- Coordinated with Editor-in-chief and managed all new projects and revised existing work.
- Scheduled manuscript deadline, reviewed, analyzed and recommended changes for new proposals.
- Monitored working of project and ensured compliance to drafted budget and schedule.
- Assisted authors and developed supplements for work and online materials to add value to work.
- Collaborated with sales and marketing team and collected all information on projects and handled requests.
- Participated in various conferences and coordinated with faculty members of various universities and developed strategies for market development.
- Acquisitions Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- Business Valuation Resources, LLC, Bristol, IN
- Ensured maintenance of company objectives and developed three to five years publication plans for organization.
- Developed, acquired content and ensured compliance to product quality within scheduled time and budget.
- Hired new authors and developed various product ideas and ensured continuous growth of organization.
- Prepared contracts with new authors and ensured maintenance of its confidentiality.
- Coordinated with staff members and authors and developed high quality products according to time and budget.
- Documented all records and proposals and prepared status reports for products.
- Analyzed all statistical data and developed ideas for future products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Chestnut Hill College, Philadelphia, PA
Create your own professional looking resume for free using our resume builder!