2988 Northwest Boulevard
Savage, DC 20763
Job Objective Seeking a position as a Mechanical Drafter within an organization which can offer me an opportunity to grow and enhance my skills.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Wide experience in developing design drafts for mechanical equipment
- Outstanding knowledge of drafting tools and techniques
- Profound knowledge of mechanical design guidelines
- Proficient with AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Autodesk Inventor
- Skilled in technical procedures related to drafting functions
- Amazing ability to prepare 2D and 3D drawings
- Immense ability to resolve design, technical, and operational issues
- Uncommon ability to apply mathematical calculations such as decimals and fractions
URS Corporation, Savage, DC
August 2007 – Present
- Prepared drawings based on design specifications.
- Reviewed drawings for dimension and spelling correctness.
- Checked drawings of other Drafters and recommended necessary adjustments.
- Prepared Bills of Materials for assigned projects.
- Coordinated with Engineering and Manufacturing teams to discuss about design options.
- Maintained all design drawings in computer system.
- Provided product change suggestions to Manager.
- Performed functions of Draftsman and Detailer when needed.
M Force Staffing Inc, Savage, DC
May 2004 – July 2007
- Prepared rough sketches for mechanical assemblies from verbal instructions.
- Assisted in development of technical product information.
- Performed drawing changes as per Change Order Process.
- Assisted in setting manufacturing tolerances.
- Selected components for product designs.
- Reviewed design drawings before releasing to manufacturing departments.
- Provided support in assembly floor during build phase.
- Revised designs to eliminate operating deficiencies.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, TX