188 Thompson Street
La Habra, CA 90631
Career Objective Seeking employment as Day Care Center Director to be a valued asset to the organization and to use my experience to improve the organization over time.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable teaching experience in a child care center
- Deep knowledge of child development theories and practices
- Exceptional knowledge of safe and appropriate activities for children
- Ability to interpret and understand multiple program policies and standards
- Ability to design and develop pro-grams related to staff and provider education and training
- Ability to plan, delegate and supervise the work of a subordinate staff
Day Care Center Director, August 2005 – Present
Morning Star Day Care & Preschool Inc, La Habra, CA
- Directed preschool activities, day care center to provide instruction and care for children.
- Prepared facility budget and submitted to management for approval.
- Ordered and recommended instructional materials and teaching aids designed to stimulate learning.
- Interviewed and recommended hiring of teaching and service staff.
- Enlightened parents about facility activities, policies, and enrollment procedures.
- Ensured compliance to policies and procedures.
Day Care Center Director, May 2000 – July 2005
Active Day, La Habra, CA
- Provided training to teachers in children behavioral and learning problems.
- Recommended methods to improve behavior and encourage learning experiences.
- Reviewed facility activities and ensured compliance to state and local regulations.
- Reviewed and approved menu plans and food purchases.
- Provided medical aid to children in accordance with parental instructions.
- Managed and assigned classroom duties in absence of regular teacher.
Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Edison State College, Fort Myers, FL
Master’s Degree in Child Development, American University, Washington, DC