3931 Wetzel Lane
Ellis Township, MI49705
Job Objective Seeking a position as Community Development Director in order to execute years’ worth of experience in field to help your organization.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of technical ordinances, codes, and regulations pertaining to land use, zoning, subdivision, and site design
- Good knowledge of the philosophies, principles, practices, and techniques of urban planning
- Outstanding ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, site plans, and architectural designs
- Good understanding of lease-up developments, operations processes and concepts
- Ability to compare them with construction in progress, and to ensure compliance with appropriate codes and ordinances
- Amazing ability to detect poor workmanship, inferior materials, and hazards of fire and collapse
- Familiarity with Fair Housing laws, local and landlord tenant laws
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior leadership, management and motivational skills
Community Development Director, August 2005 – Present
UDR, Inc, Ellis Township, MI
- Reviewed building plans for compliance with the Town’s zoning ordinance, approved plans, and issued permits.
- Developed and implemented strategic visions for community development that are in alignment with the Town’s Vision, goals and objectives.
- Handled inquiries related to Town’s zoning ordinance and building code.
- Conducted inspections of properties to assess compliance with the Town’s code and ordinances and issued notices regarding violations of the Town’s code and ordinances.
- Promoted continuous improvement for Town Services.
- Attended monthly Town Council Meetings and Work Sessions and other meetings.
Community Development Director, May 2000 – July 2005
Atria Senior Living Group, Ellis Township, MI
- Forecasted, monitored, and administered Department budget.
- Reviewed building plans for conformance with Town and state regulations regarding the Building Code, Property Maintenance, and Erosion and Sediment Control, and conducted on site inspections to assess compliance.
- Ensured that all Community Development Department activities comply with Town goals, policies, procedures, as well as local, state, and federal regulations.
- Facilitated and implemented development of tax incentives and other incentive programs.
- Prepared revisions to the Town’s Comprehensive Plan.
- Prepared revisions to land use and development ordinances.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Stratford University, Falls Church, VA